opening sequences and editing

editing techniques
cutaway 
i think this cut is a bit basic and sometimes you can confuse this cut with others if you are not sure on all of them / this editing technique can be used in an action genre/we could use this techniques to cut quicker away from the main character

cross cutting
I think this cut is a good way to show a phone conversation and is used a lot in movies/I think this editing technique would fit the horror genre well as it could be a conversation discussing details before a killing/we could pretend we are having a conversation on the phone.

jump cuts 
i like the idea of a jump cut as it can show time lapsing which is key some movies add just adds a good effect/a jump cut would be good in a comedy as i comedic jokes to show time lapsing/i could use this to improve my video by adding a jump to the chatting scene 

 graphic match
the transition can be used very effectively when changing scenes like from a character looking at the sun zooming in and out but through a kids eye/i think the adventure genre would be best fitted as theres so much going on in it which means to can transition through a lot of things/i could use this to improve my clip by zooming into my main characters eye than out into a similar shape in the next scene.

Invisible cut
I like it as it can be used to create mystery and suspense as you can’t see the cut however it can be hard to fit it in sometimes/I think this can fit a psychological thriller as you can use this cut in the dark /I could use this to improve my clip by blanking out the scene to blackness and cover over it with sound

Smash cut
It can be used to create tension in the scene very quickly / I think this could fit in a crime genre because it can flip from  two scenes really quickly like a hide out to police station/I could use this to jump from a peaceful scene to a happy one.

Eyeline match
I don’t like this a much as I can be difficult to spot sometimes / this could fit with the romance genre as a couple could be looking at each other/I could use this in my conversation with the other character.

Parallel editing
I like this technique loads as it can be used to look into two different story's/the genre which fits this is a musical/dance as you could look at two different people from two different Backgrounds/it's too difficult to fit it into are small clip

L and j cut
Very effective they can carry on audio or play before for tension/it can be used in sci-fi and dramas where the music or sound can start at different times/we can start talking before the scene and after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

opening sequnece (m-e-s)

opening sequences and narrative theories

opening sequences and editing